Sunday, September 15, 2013

LIVING IN YISHUN



I drafted this post on Friday night but only manage to perfect the flow now. Haven't managed to find time over the past few days as I've been busy hosting my relatives over from Malaysia. Will do my weekly updates probably next week when I'm free! As for now, I only manage to put together this short random entry :-)



Yishun, in my opinion, is one of the areas in Singapore with most elderly residents. Having to reside here for the past 8 years, I've seen and remembered the faces of regular aunties and uncles around this neighbourhood. 

Today, as I was walking back from the train station, I saw one of the regular old uncles (in his late 80s) as usual, trying to wheel himself home. Despite being rejected upon every offer I made, I never fail to ask. I always love hearing his voice. Somehow, that short "no, thank you" often brings back lots of pleasant memories of my late grandpa.

Though I knew from the very start that he never needed anyone's help, I just thought it's nice to let him know that I'm there for him. Before I approached him, I saw him from a distance and I realized he's much slower than before. And that, hit me hard. I began to realize how I don't see most of the regulars anymore. That old granny who took minute steps, that old grandpa who walked his big dog, that old granny who cursed at everyone she saw etc.  It scares me, so much.

As much as I wanna think that they've moved away, realistically we all know what happened: "life" happened. And then, I came home to my lovely grandma, wishing she'd be here till the end of time.


*******************


Honestly, don't judge, but I really like Miley's new song. I don't know about you, but I could feel so much pain from her voice in that song, which leads me to think what put her through so much bitterness and what made her change so much. Of course, it has to be the lethal love.

I asked her if she believed in love, and she smiled and said it was her most elaborate method of self-harm. - Benedict Smith

After a much-invested relationship has ended, most people tend to self-destruct a little. Hoping there's this slightest bit of love left in that person to turn around and save them. Though deep down, we all know reality is always different from expectation. Miley, I wish you well. I'm not a fan but it saddens me to see you (or anyone) so.


I came in like a wrecking ball 
I never hit so hard in love 
All I wanted was to break your walls 
All you ever did was break me 
Yeah, you wreck me 


No comments :

Post a Comment