Saturday, July 06, 2013

MOVIE #7: STILL IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE




Well, I had to be prepared to let people dislike her at times because she’s a bit of a bitch, but at the same time, she’s gorgeous and she’s funny and she’s silly and you sort of feel for her. You kind of sense her confusion about who she is and her life. She’s very, very vulnerable, I think, underneath all of that stuff. I just had to work very, very hard.
Kate on Clementine


Somehow I oddly find myself drawn to Clementine very much. It's not the eccentric her, but the other that everyone seems to miss. The need to feel safe. The need to feel alive. The need to be in control of her own feelings. I would cry watching Eternal Sunshine of A Spotless Mind because I'm actually happy for her that "the eraser" exists in her world, something that will never exist in mine. For humans are ugly and we will eventually abuse good things that are given to us, which includes Lacuna Inc. if it were to exist on Earth.



No comments :

Post a Comment