Monday, December 03, 2012

SAVE LIVES


IRINA TAN YI TING HAS MADE HER DECISION:



Honestly, when I was younger I had no idea what's the craze with shark fins, for I've never liked it.
I had it then because the elders said it's good for health and since it's expensive, it has to be good.

Now, lemme straighten this out for those who are still clouded by the inaccurate info.


MYTH BUSTER: 
Shark fins are actually cartilages. 
They have no nutritional value or taste. 


Shocked?

Well, there are a lot more things you don't know and would be utterly horrified when you do.
The shark facts above from sharksavers.com.sg.
I've gotten some more and these are the few I really wanna share:




So how would you like your children/grandchildren not knowing what a shark is? 
If we are going at this rate, they'd all be gone in 10-20 years time. And you can't bring them to Underwater World or anywhere in the world, just to see this magnificent creatures.
How would you like that?




You studied science in primary and secondary school, didn't you?
This is food chain, remember? Make full use of your knowledge now.



This is plain cruelty.
Watch these videos, and tell me if you think this act is acceptable.



Humans aren't food to shark. Get this right.
By now, you should know how media is like.
They distort and exaggerate truths, so judge for yourself what's right or wrong.


Seriously, Singapore? We can do better. 
Now, that we are ranked world's most emotionless society.
What's next? Cruel? Let's not disappoint our future generation.



Personal wish: I would like my children/grandchildren to be able to dive and appreciate the beauty of God's works and to see the magnificent whale shark right before their eyes.



We've gotta stop.

TAKE A PLEGDE TODAY:
I AM FINISHED WITH FINS 


I'll be proud of you.
So will the future generation too.

No comments :

Post a Comment