Wednesday, March 08, 2017

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY




.... to all the women who're born as a female or the ones who identify as a girl.


I've something very special and exciting to share with you guys. The Tinsel Rack, a local fashion label, whom I've worked with for a while now and have asked if I'd like to do a collaboration with them for IWD. Trust me, I was beyoooooooond happy!!!!!!!!!

I've collaborated for interviews a couple of times but I'd say this is the most meaningful one I've done. I really poured my heart into it and I hope you guys would like it as much I do.

(Also, the fully designed editorial is on TTR's mailer.... I don't know how to copy the whole thing here *shrugs* so let's make do with this: view here)



1#
Do you have any female role models? 
Why do you love them and how do they inspire you?
Ugh I have so many! The one that inspires me the most would probably be Angelina Jolie. She is one of my biggest role models. The world knows her for her acting ability, beauty and even her wild younger days. However, to me she’s more than that. 

She is a mother to a large, diverse family. She is a reputable humanitarian who has been to more than 40 countries for mission trips. And most importantly, she is a woman who defies social norms. Her actions in the political and charity scene inspire me to make a change and better the world in my own way, within my own capacity. 


2# 
What do you love about being a woman?
Even though I enjoy being a woman (cause it’s the only thing I have known since birth), I do not see it as a superior OR inferior gender. There should be no distinction or discrimination. 

While we celebrate International Women’s Day, I wish for my daughter(s) a world where:
- She could walk down any street in the world without being harassed
- She could choose to be a housewife and no one undermines her decision for it
- She could also choose to be a career woman, get to play on the same playing field as everyone else in the corporate world and be paid the same
- She holds the rights to abortion, to vote, to work, to marry the person she wants
- She shows her emotions and people do not use her weaknesses against her
- She could breastfeed in public without being shamed
The list goes on. I wish for the day where everyone embraces each other’s differences. As much as today is about women, we're all humans afterall ♡


3#
Any interesting quote you wanna share/thoughts about empowering women!
There is post I saw on Instagram but it has been removed. It goes, “I want my friends to to understand that “staying out of politics” or being “sick of politics” is privilege in action. Your privilege allows you to live in a non-political existence. Your wealth, your race, your abilities or your gender allows you to live a life in which you likely will not be a target of bigotry, attacks, or deportation, or genocide. You don’t want to get political or you don’t want to fight because your life and safety aren’t at stake. 

It is hard and exhausting to bring up issues of oppression (aka “getting political”). The fighting is tiring. I get it. Self-care is essential. But even if  you find politics annoying and you just want everyone to benice, please know that people are literally fighting for their lives and safety. You might not see it, but that’s what privilege does.” 



As women living in Singapore, we are blessed with having a lot of opportunities. However, we have to constantly remind ourselves to always consider for others and remind grateful for the people who’ve fought hard before us (think Suffragettes - watch the movie if you haven’t)! 


Remember: women should always support women ♡




Lastly, thank you Joyce (founder of TTR) for making this happen!
It's always a pleasure working with you - you know it *wink*









Here's the direct link to the editorial on TTR's fb
if you want to show some love: here you go








No comments :

Post a Comment