Thursday, July 18, 2013

MOVIE #10: DAYDREAM NATION





READ THIS GIFS OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL YOU GET IT
CAUSE THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PART OF THE MOVIE
AND IT'S SUCH A HUGE LESSON WHEN YOU UNDERSTOOD

It's funny how these two clashing characters here clearly depict and represent the two groups in society. I shall be brave and admit that I would be represented by the narrow-minded, brain-washed girl who would judge someone for sleeping with 40 guys because I am brought up to think love-making is a sacred thing, but on the other hand, I also envy that person for giving no fuck to the world, screwing what others think and just living life and fucking whoever they want because sex is scientifically proven to be a healthy activity and bonus that it provides pleasure. 

Contradicting huh? That's what most of us are actually but we just don't want to admit.


I am pretty hooked on Bachelorette these days for no absolute reason. It is a pretty lame reality show but it just excites me to see which guy the girl will pick in the end. There's this guy in the show who seems so perfect. He opened up and shared his story about how his dad cheated on his mom and left her, ever since he never had a father figure in his life. And because of so, he promised the girl to honour his words and be the perfect husband he can be. I've always believed those who had it hard at home, would always work extra hard for their future family; to provide all that they can to compensate for previously what they didn't have so that their family wouldn't have to experience the loss they did.


I never knew cheating is so common, till I've heard all the stories and experienced one myself.
Devastated then, I cried to my mom to ask if it's true that everyone cheats. She verified and said, "Yes... eventually. Everyone cheats, you just have to find someone who cheats less." It was so heartbreaking to hear affirmation from your mother for I know she wouldn't lie about such a thing. And then I thought, since everyone cheats and no one is spared, so will I someday do the same too?


We, girls are always falling for the wrong guys but I am an exceptional mess amongst my friends. Dennis once told me, "Stop it! You're not an angel, stop trying to save broken souls!" I've always thought maybe I could inject some sunshine in their life, straighten things out for them, mend bridges or whatever. But you know what? I've had enough. I've had enough picking up pieces, I've enough of cutting myself in process of doing so. I am no angel and I should stop serving others when I should be a princess and serve myself. Those who like bad/messed boys, will find this article super relevant but wake up before you deplete all your energy till you realize you can no longer even save yourself.



And, that, is what I had and I'm thankful for that even with all the mess.



This entire film subtly reflects the cold and harsh reality truths yet cushions with high hopes, so we viewers won't die in this sickening society just yet. Funny how we are always blaming the society when we are the society.




No comments :

Post a Comment